Chinese Herbal Medicine
What is Chinese Herbal Medicine?
* One of the
most sophisticated herbal medicine systems in the world
* CHM treats and assesses each person as a unique individual (not based entirely on a disease or symptom)
* CHM combines a detailed analysis of signs and symptoms with a unique system of pulse and tongue diagnosis to develop a detailed picture of the course and process of disease
* Healing with CHM is based on the restoration of harmony and balance within the body
* CHM is practised extensively throughout clinics and hospitals in China alongside Western medicine
* Considerable research into many aspects of TCM has been conducted in China and the West, proving its efficacy and merit
* CHM is excellent for both the preventive and remedial treatment of children's disease
in a treatment?
* After a thorough diagnosis each person is prescribed an individual formula (typically 10-15 ingredients) correlated to an individual's pattern of internal disharmony
* Formulas are crafted together to act synergistically and every ingredient is designed to accomplish a part of the overall process of restoring balance
* On return visits, the herbal formula is adjusted or modified as the patient's condition improves
* Preventive herbal formulas may be used to recurrent respiratory tract infections, ear infections, asthma, allergic rhinitis etc.
* Decoctions, powders, pills, syrups and medicinal wines are all ways to administer Chinese herbs - all natural drug-free cures
What can Chinese Herbal Medicine treat?
Chinese herbal medicine is able to treat/ alleviate a wide range of acute and chronic diseases, including:
conditions: infertility (both for male and female), IVF/ IUI support, low
sperm count, endometriosis, PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome), painful and heavy
* Gastro-intestinal disorders: irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), chronic constipation, diarrhoea, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease
* Respiratory conditions: asthma, bronchitis, chronic coughs, recurrent colds, allergic rhinitis or hay fever, and sinusitis
* Skin disease: eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME, whether with a background of viral infection or other conditions
* Rheumatological conditions: osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
* Urinary conditions: chronic cystitis
* Psychological problems: depression, anxiety
* Children's diseases
Chinese Herbal Medicine is particularly useful for strengthening the constitution, especially after long-term illness or to supplement blood & Qi (vital energy) after childbirth.
How many clinical visits will I need?
The total number of treatments needed varies from person to person, partly depending on the length and severity of the condition, partly on the general health & well-being of the client. Initially, the patient will be followed on a weekly basis for the first month and then gradually the times between visits will be lengthened to fortnightly.
Chinese Herbal Medicine consultations available?
Wednesday 10.00am - 6.00pm
Saturday 10.30am - 5.00pm
How much does Chinese Herbal Medicine treatment cost?
including Acupuncture treatment
First appointment: £60 (75 mins)
Follow-up appointments: £50 (45 mins)
Chinese herbs only
First appointment: £50 (45 mins)
Follow-up appointments: £30 (20 mins)
Chinese Herbal Medicine
The cost of herbal medicine depends on the weight of the individual. The cost of medicine is usually 3.5 pence per gram (although there are a few ingredients that are more expensive) and the daily dosage is usually 1-2 grams per kilogram. The average cost of Chinese herbs is £12 - £18 a week.
How do I book?
1. Call 01273 470955
3. In person at Equilibrium Complementary Health Centre, 16 Station St, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2DB
Please note: Payments can be made to your therapist by cheque or cash. In order to keep prices to the minimum, we regret that we are unable to accept credit or debit card payments.
Where can I get more information about Chinese Herbal Medicine?
Please visit the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (RCHM).
Our therapist has her own website here: Hye-Eun Hills.